Permanent Makeup is becoming a trending way to look younger, bolder, and smarter. People, especially women are becoming more inclined towards getting the permanent makeup and feel happy and satisfied after the process. As this procedure of cosmetic tattooing is becoming more and more popular, the number of questions asked by the people is also increasing. The major part of people includes those who have opted for this procedure. The most asked question is ‘How to take care of your skin after the Permanent Makeup?’ or ‘What things should be taken care post the permanent makeup? So, here is the aftercare guide keyphrase for those who have undergone the Permanent Makeup.
- Use of Cold Packs – After you are done with your permanent makeup you might experience a raise or swell around the treated area. Don’t worry it won’t last long. Your technician might have suggested you for using the Cold Packs to take care of the swelled area, that is indeed a correct procedure but overuse use of ice packs on fragile facial skin may cause cryotherapy complications. The freezing can cause ice crystals to form in the skin cells and damage them. Using refrigerator temperature cold packs is safer for damaged dermis than freezer temperature cold packs. The traumatized tissue is already in a delicate condition and can get frost damage.
- Use of antibiotic Ointment – It is recommended to use an antibiotic healing ointment for around 5-7 days (depending on the area) in order to heal the affected area for bruise marks. Always use the ophthalmic ointment for eyes and also put some in your eyes if you feel them dry. Use healing ointment continuously throughout the day until outer healing is complete. Apply antibiotic ointment twice a day for 2-3 days. The antibiotic ointment is more likely to cause a red itchy reaction with prolonged or continuous use. The antibiotic ointment can be whichever brand you like to use it. You may use your favorite moisturizers, serums, or healing ointments that have vitamins in it.
- In Case of allergies – If you are allergic to any particular stuff or if anything causes your infection, you must disclose this to your technician prior to the makeup. If after the makeup you feel discomfort or allergic to some material then it is advised not to further use it and consult the right permanent cosmetics technician. An occasional slight healing itch is normal. Constant intense itching, abnormal thick yellow discharge, yellow crust, hot burning pain, lumps, bumps, and blisters are not normal.
- Do not Scrub – Whether you have got the permanent makeup on your eyebrows or lips, it is recommended not to scrub the particular area.
- Cleanliness is the Key – Keep the area clean. Blot or rinse off oozing. Soap/ cleansers may be used as long as they are not alcohol based and do not have anti-aging acids or acne acids in it. Some cleansing chemicals might burn or bleach. If you wouldn’t use a product on any other type of injury, don’t use it on the healing permanent makeup just rinse and pat dry.
- Follow the correct sleeping position – It is recommended not to smash your face in a pillow while sleeping, especially the first couple of days. This may lead to tearing of the skin because of the drilling on the skin. The compressed tissues need the proper amount of oxygen and for that, you need to choose a comfortable sleeping position that doesn’t harm your treated area. In case you continue sleeping with your face smashed in the pillow, you may experience color loss!
- Stay away from direct sunlight – Do not expose to sun or tanning bed while outer healing progresses. Use of sunblock lotions after healing is completed will help prevent premature fading. You can experience itching or redness in the treated area if it is exposed to sunlight for long.
- Do not peel or pick at the crust, this could cause pigment loss, scarring, and delayed healing.
- Touchup Time – You must wait at least 2 months after the first procedure for a touchup. Performing a touchup too early could cause scarring.
So, follow these useful guidelines post your permanent makeup and stay young and beautiful for years!